Asian Chicken Lettuce Wrap Recipe
Following bariatric surgery, your meal options don’t have to be limited to tasteless and boring food options.
While the quick and easy recipe is appreciated for times when you’re in a crunch, you can still enjoy cooking great meals as well.
This Asian Chicken Lettuce Wrap bariatric recipe allows you to indulge in cooking without risking your continued bariatric diet.
Meals like the Asian Chicken Lettuce Wrap allow you to satisfy cravings your Chinese food cravings without sacrificing your bariatric diet success. Using real ingredients and a simple cooking method, this recipe allows everyone to prepare a healthy meal that the entire family can enjoy!
So let’s dive in!
Bariatric Asian Chicken Lettuce Wrap
- Medium bowl
- Small bowl
- Large, non-stick skillet
- Cutting board
- Cooking spray
- 8 oz Chicken Breast
- 8 oz Water Chestnuts drained and minced
- 8 oz Bamboo Shoots drained and minced
- 1 cup Onion minced
- 3 tbsp Sherry Cooking Wine
- 2 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp Garlic minced
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce low sodium
- 2 tsp Hot Pepper Sauce
- 2 tsp Splenda
- 1 tsp Ginger minced
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 8 pcs Butter Lettuce Leaves
- 1 pcs Cucumber seeded and cut into strips about 1” long
Cooking the Chicken
- Prepare the ingredients. Drain and mince the bamboo shoots and water chestnuts; mince the garlic, onion, and ginger; chop the whole green onion; and remove seeds and slice the cucumber. Set each ingredient aside for the next steps.
- Using a medium bowl, mix the following ingredients well and then set aside: bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, sherry cooking wine, hoisin sauce, peanut butter, soy sauce, hot-pepper sauce, and Splenda.
- Apply cooking spray to your skillet and heat on medium.
- Sauté the onion for about 4 minutes until they become soft.
- Throw in the garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Raise the heat to medium-high; throw in the ground chicken, ginger, and salt. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the chicken isn’t pink. While cooking, work the chicken with the spatula, crumbling it further.
- The bamboo shoot and water chestnut mixture from step two is the next element to add. Cook for a couple more minutes, just to heat through.
- Add the toasted sesame oil and stir through. Remove from the heat.
- To prepare for serving, divide evenly onto the individual 8 lettuce leaves, topping with the chopped green onion and cucumber. Serve immediately to prevent sogginess and cold.